Car Hire in France
Car Rental FAQs
What do I need to hire a car with Enterprise?
The essential items you will need to bring to an Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch when hiring a vehicle are:
- a valid drivers licence
- valid ID
- a credit or debit card.
You will also need to prove you are over 25 years of age, and there may be additional documentation required for international drivers.
Can I hire a car with a debit card?
We accept all major debit cards except for Maestro, Electron, Solo and pre-paid cards. To hire our 4x4s and premium vehicles, we require a credit card. All cards MUST have the main driver's name on it.
How much does it cost to rent a car?
Our prices may vary because car hire prices are based on various factors such as, vehicle size, seasonality, length of rental, vehicle make, availability and location. Customers are advised to start the booking process to determine the exact price.
Can I modify, extend, or cancel my reservation?
You can modify or cancel your reservation via our website or mobile app. If you prepaid your booking and you cancel 3 days or more before your specified pick up time you will receive a full refund of the total amount. To extend your car rental, you can click “Call to Extend Your Rental” in our mobile app. You can also call your rental branch or 0800 800 227 to extend your reservation.
Find answers to all your Covid-related FAQs here
If you are after a country with varied climates, rich cuisine, wine, heaps of history and the world’s most romantic capital – France is the perfect place. It is Europe’s third largest country and the world’s eighth longest road network, with over a million kilometres of motorways and roads. Whether you are planning a road trip from Normandy to the Province, or you need a car to get around Paris quickly, experience France in an Enterprise rental car. You can find over 20 of our branches in Paris alone, but we also operate in the major cities such as Nantes, Montpellier or Lyon, and even the island of Corsica. If you are flying to France, you can rent a car from one of the Enterprise airport branches.
Wide Range of Vehicles for Hire
No matter what your needs are and where your destination is, our well-maintained fleet will get you there safely. Whether you are after luxury car hire to comfortably travel around cities, or you need to rent a seven seater that will get your family to the beach, we will make sure you drive away happy. Our cars come with petrol, diesel and even hybrid powertrains, mated to manual and automatic transmissions. You can rest assured you vehicle will be clean, well-maintained and ready to take you around France with a smile on your face.
If you need any extra add-ons for your trip, such as child seats and boosters, GPS or extra drivers on the rental, tell us when booking and we’ll make it work. Get your rental quote above and enjoy your drive in France or explore our fleet page and see the vehicles we can provide to you.
Do You Need a Van Rental in France?
Sometimes your personal vehicle, or even a rental car, can lack cargo space when you need it most. Whether you are planning a big DIY project, tackling a house move or transporting office supplies – you can count on our van range. Our fleet has the latest van models, ranging from short wheelbase to Luton cabs. Discover our van fleet or reserve one now for your arrival in France.
Cheap Car Hire in France
We like to go the extra mile to provide the best service for the 20 million happy customers we serve every year. Because of that, we are a Which? Recommended Provider, so you can be sure you get the best value and treatment. If you want to get even more benefits by renting with us, you should join the Enterprise Plus loyalty membership. For every time you hire a car with us, you gain redeemable points for free rentals in the future. Book through our website to get the best price or simply visit a convenient branch on your trip to France.
France Airport Car Hire
With branches in over 30 of the French airports, we’ll get you on the road no matter where you land! If you are flying to the capital city of Paris, you will find our branches in both, Charles de Gaulle Airport and in Paris Orly. In the north of the country above Paris, you will find Lille airport and the ferry port of Calais. The eastern region of Brittany is served by Nantes Atlantique Airport, Brest Bretagne and Rennes Bretagne. We can rent you a car in the sunny Côte d'Azur if you land at Marseille Provence Airport, Nice Côte d'Azur or Montpellier-Méditerranée. Maybe you are planning a trip to the French Alps? We can help you get on the winding roads if you visit the airport branches in Chambery and the port in the capital of the region, Lyon-Saint Exupéry.
At Enterprise, we understand our customers need flexibility when hiring a car or van. To ensure you recieve the best experience, we offer a number of car rental services that would help meet customer needs.
One Way Car Hire
Free Pick Up and Drop Off Service
Long Term Car Hire Service
With sights ranging from rich historical places, miles of crystal blue waterfronts, towering mountain ranges and world-famous vineyards – you would struggle to find a better place for a road trip than France. The capital city, Paris, is one of the top tourist destinations in Europe. Why not park in one of the car parks in the city centre, then visit the Louvre and take a stroll through Jardin de Tuileries down to Champs-Élysées? If you want to avoid central Paris traffic, why not drive your Enterprise rental car to the Versailles palace?
The North of the country is filled with ports and is home to the Alabaster Coast – an 80-mile stretch of white cliffs in Normandy. The region is also home to ‘Omaha Beach’ in Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer and other D-Day landing places. If you travel west, you can visit the region of Brittany, known for its unique language and culture. Visit Saint-Malo and see the walled Corsair pirate haven or take a trip to Rennes and see the medieval town full of half-timbered houses. If you find yourself near Nantes in Upper Brittany, take a trip through the Loire Valley and see the beautiful ‘châteaux’ scattered throughout the region.
The southern Provence and Côte d'Azur regions are filled with hilly vineyards, lavender fields, pristine beaches and marinas. A visit to the famous Saint-Tropez is necessary, right after strolling down the Promenade des Anglais in Nice. If you prefer snow and mountains, why not rent an SUV during your Alpine ski trip? The South-Eastern part of France is known for its ski slopes and villages like Val Thorens. With seemingly endless scenic rural roads throughout the country, France is an unforgettable driving experience no matter where you choose to stay.
When driving in France, there a few key things to remember:
- In mainland Europe you drive on the right hand side. Make sure you remember this on roundabouts and motorways! Always give way from the right.
- Unless specified otherwise, speed limits on French roads in built-up areas are usually 50km/h, on rural roads you can travel at 80km/h, dual carriageways are mostly 110km/h and motorways are limited to 130km/h with a minimum speed of 80km/h.
- During bad weather conditions, the speed limit on motorways is automatically reduced to 110km/h, so be aware of this in heavy rainfall, snow or fog.
- Some routes on French motorways are subject to a toll. The charges for passenger cars is around €8/100km, but can be higher when travelling through toll bridges and tunnels. To find out more about tolls and planning your journey, visit the French motorway company website.
- The orbital motorway known as “la Périphérique” surrounds Paris. It’s a four-lane road with a speed limit of 70km/h. Make sure you are cautious when driving on this road, as it’s known for becoming congested and can be stressful during peak hours.
- If you drive in any of the Zone Circulation Restreinte (ZCR) cities in France, do not worry about the "Crit'Air" badges, as our rental cars meet the anti-pollution standards.
- Our vehicles have all the mandatory equipment required by law in France. You will find a reflective top, a warning triangle, a breathalyser and a first aid kit inside the vehicle.
- In emergencies, dial 112 to contact the police, ambulance or fire services.
Our fleet contains the latest vehicle models, meaning they are low emission zone (ZCR in France) compliant. You will not have to worry about the charge for polluting vehicles in French cities that have these fees.
Enterprise Car Hire Locations in France
- France Airports
- La Fleche
- La Rochelle
- La Tour-d'Aigues
- Le Havre
- Le Mans
- France Driving Guide
- Tips for Driving in France
- Ajaccio Napoleon Bonaparte Airport
- Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg Airport
- Bastia Poretta Airport
- Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport
- Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport
- Biarritz Pays Basque Airport
- Bordeaux Airport
- Brest Bretagne Airport
- Caen Airport
- Calvi Sainte-Catherine Airport
- Carcassonne Airport
- Chambéry Savoie Mont Blanc Airport
- Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport
- Dinard St-Malo Pleurtuit Airport
- Geneva Airport French Sector
- Lille Airport
- Limoges Airport
- Lorient South Brittany Airport
- Lyon–Saint Exupéry Airport
- Marseille Provence Airport
- Montpellier Airport
- Nantes Atlantique Airport
- Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
- Nîmes–Alès–Camargue–Cévennes Arpt.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Paris Orly Airport
- Pau Pyrénées Airport
- Perpignan Airport
- Poitiers Biard Airport
- Rennes Bretagne Airport
- Strasbourg Airport
- Tarbes–Lourdes–Pyrénées Airport
- Toulon–Hyères Airport
- Toulouse–Blagnac Airport
- Aix-en-Provence TGV Train Station
- Angers Saint-Laud Train Station
- Angoulême Train Station
- Annecy Train Station
- Annemasse Train Station
- Auxerre Gare
- Avignon Courtine
- Avignon TGV Train Station
- Biarritz Train Station
- Bordeaux City Centre
- Bordeaux Mérignac
- Bordeaux Saint-Jean Train Station
- Brive-la-Gaillarde Train Station
- Caen Train Station
- Calais Ferry Terminal
- Cannes Mougins
- Cannes Train Station
- Chalon Sur Saône
- Corbeil Essonnes
- Dax Train Station
- Dijon Train Station
- Downtown, Ferry & Gare Cherbourg
- Downtown & Cruise Le Havre
- Figari South Corsica Airport
- Grenoble Train Station
- Labège, Toulouse
- La Rochelle Train Station
- La Roche-sur-Yon
- Laval Gare
- Le Creusot TGV Train Station
- Le Mans Train Station
- Lille Europe Train Station
- Lille Villeneuve d'Ascq
- Limoges Nord DT
- Lorient Lanester
- Lyon Limonest
- Lyon Part Dieu Train Station
- Lyon Vénissieux
- Marseille Boulevard Rabatau
- Marseille Saint Charles Train Station
- Meaux Quincy Voisins
- Metz Train Station
- Montpellier Saint-Roch Train Station
- Montpellier Sud de France Train Station
- Mulhouse Train Station
- Nancy Train Station
- Nantes Bouguenais Ville
- Nantes Saint Herblain
- Nantes Train Station
- Nice Train Station
- Nice West
- NIMES DT
- Nîmes Pont du Gard Train Station
- North Bordeaux
- Orléans Fleury-les-Aubrais
- Paris Boulogne
- Paris District 17 Ternes
- Paris Gare du Nord Train Station
- Paris La Défense
- Paris Levallois-Perret
- Paris Lognes-Émerainville
- Paris Lyon Train Station
- Paris Massy TGV Train Station
- Paris Montparnasse Train Station
- Paris Orly Rungis
- Paris Place d'Italie
- Paris Place de la Nation
- Paris Porte de la Villette Cite des Sciences
- Paris Porte de Versailles
- Paris Saint-Denis
- Paris Saint-Lazare
- Perpignan Train Station
- Poitiers Train Station
- Port De Bouc
- Porto Vecchio
- Reims City Centre
- Rennes Cesson-Sevigne
- Rennes Train Station
- Saint-Brieuc Train Station
- Saint-Quentin DT
- Southwest Agen Estillac
- St. Malo Train Station
- Strasbourg Train Station
- Toulon Train Station
- Toulouse Colomiers
- Toulouse Matabiau Train Station
- TOULOUSE PORTET
- Tours Saint-Pierre-des-Corps
- Valence TGV Train Station