Central London Car & Van Hire
Enterprise Branches in London
- London Ilford
- London Lewisham
- London Bow
- London Hammersmith
- London Park Lane
- London Park Lane Exotics
- London Tower Bridge
- London Waterloo
- Palmers Green
- London Peckham
- London Russell Square
- Marlyebone Road
- London Sydenham
- London Waterloo Train Station
- St. John's Wood
Why Hire with Enterprise?
- Recommended Provider - Recommended Provider with Which.co.uk
- Free pick up - We'll drop you off too
- Modern Fleet - Cars under 1 year old
- Excellent Customer Service
- Free Cancellation - Free outside of 7 days of pick-up
Car Hire in London with Enterprise
Full of history, iconic places and nightlife, London is on most people’s bucket lists. Driving in and around London is a great way to experience the bustling capital and surrounding areas’ offerings, even if you live here. Why not experience it in the comfort of an Enterprise car rental? With our ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone) compliant cars and vans, you can navigate London and its scenic centre with ease. Rent a car when you land at Heathrow or Gatwick airports, or get picked-up to be taken to your car if it’s at a non-airport branch when you pre-book . Receive award-winning customer service and a car tailored to your needs – no matter what they are and what you want to do.
Wide Range of Rental Cars
With the world’s largest and most diverse fleet of vehicles, there is definitely a car to suit your needs in one of our 20 London branches. Whether you want to rent a seven seater , a swift hatchback or a luxury car rental , you can count on us to find the perfect vehicle for your time in the city. Our fleet is well-maintained, always clean and our cars are a year old or less. We know everyone’s driving preferences are different, so we provide manual and automatic cars, as well as the choice of petrol, diesel engines and even hybrids. This means enjoying your driving experience no matter what, along with the benefits of a fuel efficient and reliable car.
With our award-winning customer service, we will make sure your car is perfect for your situation. We even offer add-ons like GPS, child seats and boosters, as well as allowing for additional drivers on the rental cars. You can start your reservation above and see what is available during your stay, or visit our fleet page and explore our offers.
Do You Need a Van Rental in London?
Enterprise offers van rentals for any scenario that requires that extra cargo space. Whether you’re moving house, office, or simply transporting large items like furniture we will find you a van for hire in London . We offer vans in all sizes: short wheel base, medium sized, long wheelbase and even Luton vans. The vans in our fleet are all under four years old and compliant with London’s Ultra Low Emission (ULEZ) and Low Emission Zones (LEZ), providing you with peace of mind, and a reliable vehicle that will get you and your cargo to your destination safely and comfortably. With our transparent charges and fees and flexible hire lengths, Enterprise offers cheap van hire and award-winning customer service. Just start your van hire reservation above or go to our van fleet to see what vans are available to you.
Cheap Car and Van Hire in London
If you are after cheap car rental in London , or low cost van hire, we are a Which? Recommended Provider. It’s not only our fantastic customer service but also thanks to the clarity of our pricing, transparent working practices and the overall cost of rental. Over 20 million happy customers return to Enterprise every year for exceptional service, great value for money and a rewarding loyalty programme called Enterprise Plus .
We are flexible with how you rent from us. Whether you prefer a prepaid service to get the cheapest rates possible in advance, or whether you require a car at short notice, we are here to help and get the right car for you. Get a car or van hire reservation quote above and see for yourself.
Airport Car Hire in London
We serve four of London’s airports. The main hub airports, Heathrow and Gatwick , as well as the South and the North airports of Stansted and Luton . Heathrow lies within the city’s boundaries, but the other three airports are within an hour’s drive from the centre of London. We offer flexible opening hours at the airports for those who pre-book. But even if you need a car at short notice you can be sure of a warm welcome and agents who will help you find the best option for you. Our cars are located within easy reach of the airport terminals and will never be more than a short walk or free shuttle bus ride away.
One Way Car Hire
Free Pick Up and Drop Off Service
Long Term Car Hire Service
Things to do in London
The centre of London is full of historical landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament alongside world-famous Big Ben, or even Tower Bridge and the medieval Tower of London. An Enterprise rental car can help you explore the many things to do in the surrounding area. Whether you are visiting Richmond Park and Kew Gardens in the South West, a botanical garden with Victorian palm houses and treetop walkways, or the Lee Valley White Water Centre opened for the 2012 London Olympics in North London – both are often easier to reach by car than public transport. By hiring a car when in London, you can also venture a bit further outside of the city to keep things interesting. Visit Southend-on-Sea and its pier for a coastal break from the busy city– only an hour’s drive from London. Or if you enjoy hiking, go and explore the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, also about an hour away from London by car.
Driving Information for London
When driving around the capital, there are a few key things to remember:
- London has a lot of on-street parking but it’s often short-stay or resident permit holders only. If you want a more guaranteed spot, look for multi-storey car parks or borough-provided “pay and display” car parks that are usually priced similarly
- London has a series of dual carriageways, such as the North and South Circular roads (A406, A205), as well as the famed orbital motorway surrounding the city - the M25. This allows for navigating around areas of London faster than you would on inner-city roads. Check in advance for roadworks and lane closures
- When driving into the centre of London between 07:00 and 18:00 during the week, be prepared to pay the ‘Congestion Charge’ of £11.50 per day
- Another toll you may encounter applies to the Dartford Crossing, over the river Thames on the Eastern part of the M25 motorway. Between 06:00 and 22:00 you will be charged £2.50 when travelling by car, or £3 if travelling in a goods vehicle. Outside of those hours, the crossing is free to use
- Be wary of 20mph zones in a large portion of the city and make sure you don’t drive in bus lanes during specified times, as the fines are quite expensive
- Be aware of the fact that like any other large city, London has peak hours (08:00 to 10:00, and 17:00 to 19:00) where any kind of travel takes longer than usual
- By renting a car, you have the freedom to explore London and its surrounding areas in comfort, whilst enjoying all the conveniences of a modern rental fleet, such as entertainment systems and air conditioning. Our fleet is well-maintained and all our cars are under one year old, meaning traffic-easing driving aids like start-stop and hill assists are here to make your journey easier in most of our vehicles. The fact our cars are ULEZ compliant, means you do not have to worry about any additional charges that target more polluting vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to hire a car with Enterprise?
The essential items you will need to bring to an Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch when hiring a vehicle are a valid drivers licence, valid ID, and a credit or debit card. You will also need to prove you are over 25 years of age, and there may be additional documentation required for international drivers. Learn more about what you need when hiring here.
- Do I need insurance to rent a car or van?
No. At Enterprise you don't need to purchase insurance as we provide a damage waiver within the cost of your hire. You can, of course, take option to purchase additional protection products to reduce the excess further to give you complete peace of mind. Visit our car hire insurance page for further details.
- How old do I need to be to hire a car or van?
All drivers must be a minimum of 25 years old. Only drivers over 30 years old may hire full-size MPVs, premium vehicles/exotic cars and Luton vans. Younger drivers might be interested in Enterprise Car Club. Learn more about age requirements for hiring a vehicle here.
- What are the driver's licence requirements for car hire in the UK & Ireland?
All drivers must produce a full, valid driving licence. Non-EU licence holders are required to have an international driving permit if the licence is not in English. All renters must produce photographic ID - this can be a passport or driving licence. Learn more about car hire driving licence requirements here.
- Can I hire a car with a debit card?
We accept all major debit cards except for Maestro, Electron, Solo and pre-paid cards. To hire our 4x4s and premium vehicles, we require a credit card. All cards MUST have the main driver's name on it. Learn more about our accepted card payment methods here.
For more FAQs, please visit our FAQ page.