What are alternatives to Grey Fleet usage?
A good solution to Grey Fleet management can be the use of rental vehicles and car clubs.
Daily rental and car club vehicles are typically newer, cleaner and safer than private vehicles; this means they are more efficient, have reduced emissions, and comply with health and safety regulations. In addition, the rental company has responsibility for taxation, MOTs and maintenance of the vehicles, rather than that being an added administrative task for your company.
Objectives you should consider when reviewing alternative solutions:
- CO2 emissions & Grey Fleet mileage reduction
- Reduced cost of travel
- Compliance with duty of care policies & HMRC
- Improvement of service delivery
- Reduction in congestion
- Encouraging use of public/shared transport & active travel
- Improving employee efficiency & benefits