Carbon Reduction Plan
Supplier name: Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Limited
Publication date: December 9, 2022
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Limited (“Enterprise UK”) is committed to pursuing Net Zero emissions by 2050 in the United Kingdom with respect to the Scope 1 emissions, the Scope 2 emissions, and the subset of Scope 3 emissions categories covered by, and specifically included in the emissions calculations in the “Baseline Emissions Footprint” section of, this Carbon Reduction Plan.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and are the reference point against which future emission reductions can be measured. As this is Enterprise UK’s first Carbon Reduction Plan, this reporting year, which is Enterprise UK’s fiscal year of August 1, 2021, through July 31, 2022 (“Fiscal Year 2022”), is also the baseline year used in this Carbon Reduction Plan.
Baseline Reporting Year: Enterprise UK’s Fiscal Year 2022
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
A baseline year of Fiscal Year 2022 is being used as there has been no prior Scope 3 emissions reporting for the applicable categories. Therefore, this reporting year –Enterprise UK’s Fiscal Year 2022 – is also the baseline year for Enterprise UK’s Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions reporting for and included in this Carbon Reduction Plan.
Scope 1 and 2 emissions have been calculated in line with the Streamlined Energy Carbon Reporting requirements.
The relevant Scope 3 categories have been calculated as follows:
4 and 9. Upstream and downstream transportation and distribution – An estimate using an average based method for transport logistics to capture both upstream and downstream emissions. These emissions sources have not been previously tracked.
5. Waste generated –This emissions source has not been previously tracked, but Enterprise UK plans to work with its relevant business partners to obtain and report this information in the future.
6. Business Travel – A distance-based approach was used to calculate business travel emissions for all modes of travel. Flight mileage was calculated and converted into CO2e using the UK Government's "Greenhouse gas reporting: conversion factors 2022."
7. Employee Commuting – An estimate using total number of employees and average vehicle miles per employee to calculate emissions.
Baseline year emissions: Enterprise UK’s Fiscal Year 2022
Natural Gas - MMBtu
Petroleum & Diesel Fuels – Gallons
4 and 9. Upstream and downstream transportation and distribution (estimated)
5. Waste Generated
6. Business Travel
7. Employee Commuting (estimated)
No data at present
|Total Emissions (including estimated data)||20,485|
Current Emissions Reporting
Reporting Year: Enterprise UK’s Fiscal Year 2022 is also the baseline year used in this Carbon Reduction Plan.
Emissions reduction targets
Enterprise UK is committed to pursuing a 5% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions by the end of Fiscal Year 2027 compared to its Fiscal Year 2022 levels.
Carbon Reduction Projects
Enterprise UK has invested in and plans to continue to invest in efficient technologies and conservation practices to reduce energy use, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve performance. Enterprise UK also transitioned to a new data analytics platform to improve utility management reporting. Enterprise UK’s previous environmental management measures and carbon reduction initiatives included:
- Upgraded lighting technology in certain locations to include LEDs, motion sensors, and timers which helped reduce energy use in some locations by up to forty percent (40%).
- Enterprise UK will continue to endeavor to develop additional carbon reduction projects to support its environmental commitments including:
- Continuing to strive to progressively improve energy efficiency in certain of its locations.
- Evaluating potential collaboration and opportunities within its supply chain, including renewable energy opportunities.
- The progressive electrification, as practicable, of employee dedicated company cars.
- Rethinking its own business travel policy for potential modal shifts whenever practicable.
- Continuing to develop and refine auditing processes and procedures regarding verification of carbon inventory data.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 6/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Limited’s Corporate Vice President prior to publication on December 9, 2022.
Signed on behalf of the Supplier:
Corporate Vice President, Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Limited